This solution addresses Webroot SecureAnywhere |
|These instructions are for uninstalling Webroot SecureAnywhere.
Webroot SecureAnywhere does not require any removal tools to uninstall it from your computer.
To uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere:
- Follow the correct steps for your Operating System.
- Click Start, then click Run. In the Run window, type "appwiz.cpl" (without quotes), then press Enter on your keyboard.
Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Click Start, or the Windows icon. In the Search field, type "appwiz.cpl" (without quotes), then press Enter on your keyboard.
- Move your cursor to the bottom right of the screen to open the Charm Bar menu. Click Search, then type "appwiz.cpl" (without quotes), and press Enter on your keyboard.
- In the Cortana Search bar type "appwiz.cpl" (without quotes), and press Enter on your keyboard.
- This will open your Control Panel to the list of all programs currently installed on your computer.
- Scroll down the programs list until you see Webroot SecureAnywhere.
- Click the Webroot SecureAnywhere entry once to select it, then click Uninstall/Remove.
- When asked if you are sure you want to uninstall, click Yes to continue.
- If prompted with a CAPTCHA, enter the requested characters and click Enter.
Webroot removes itself from your computer.
If you would now like to reinstall Webroot, click here for instructions.
Note: If you are reinstalling the software, it is required that you reboot your computer during this process. If you are uninstalling SecureAnywhere to troubleshoot an issue, we recommend you reboot your computer and test the issue before reinstalling.
If you are not able to uninstall SecureAnywhere using the steps above, click here for troubleshooting uninstall problems.